Welcome to the Little Acorns!
Our Teacher: Mrs Brookes
In the Little Acorns class we welcome our new children and families to
Seely CofE Primary School. Myself, Mrs Williams, Mrs Draper and Mrs Glover provide a caring, supportive,stimulating and happy environment where each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
Soft start- 8.45
Register and Handwriting- 8.55
Break Time- 10.30
Dinner Time- 12.15
Afternoon Session- 1.15
Afternoon Break- 2.30
Home Time- 3.30
P.E is every Thursday
Entering The Little Acorns Class
In the September following their fourth birthday children join the Little Acorns Class. Children stay at school all day.
- The day is a balance of adult led and child initiated activities.
- Lessons are still play based and planned to meet the individual needs of children in the class.
- Each child has 3 reading books which they can take home every afternoon and return to school each morning.
- During child initiated play Reception and Year 1 children are able to play and learn together across the classrooms.
- We love to play and learn outdoors whatever the weather!
- We enjoy a daily snack of milk and fruit.
- We have visitors who come into school to help us to learn and celebrate special occasions and we also visit interesting places.
This term our topic is Minibeasts!